This statement provides information on the policies of Helix System (HK) Ltd, its subsidiaries and associated companies incorporated in Hong Kong (individually the "Company") with respect to which Helix System (HK) Ltd directly or indirectly holds 20% or more of the nominal value of the issued share capital or has 20% or more of the voting power
The Company will respect the confidentiality of, and endeavour to keep safe, any and all personal data collected and/or stored and/or used by, or on behalf of, the Company.
The Company will endeavour to ensure that all collection and/or storage and/or use of personal data by the Company are done in accordance with the requirements of the Ordinance.
Where an individual legitimately requests access to and/or correction of personal data held by the Company relating to him/her, then the Company will provide and/or correct such personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Ordinance.3. Types and Purposes of Personal Date Collected
a. Your personal data (including without limitation to your contact details, including personal name, e-mail address, company name, business title, business address and telephone number) provided by you to the Company may be used and retained by the Company for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and the Company or required by law from time to time:
- i.marketing of goods and/or services offered by the Company and/or any member of the Group;
- ii.promotion and/or launching of the events and/or activities organised and/or held by the Company and/or any member of the Group;
- iii.your enrolment into and/or subscription of the events and/or activities organised and/or held by the Company and/or any member of the Group;
- iv.analysing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of goods and/or services;
- v.processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- vi. enabling the daily operation of your account and/or the collection of amount owing by you in relation to the provision of the goods and/or services.
b.The Company may occasionally use your personal data to contact you for promotional purposes or to provide you with marketing or other information.
c.In accordance with the requirements of the Ordinance, the Company will honour an individual's request not to use his/her personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material from the Company, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which your request is being made. Please also state the authority under which you are authorised to make such a request.
d.Unless otherwise instructed, the Company may use any of the personal data collected in the normal course of its business for promotional and marketing purposes.
e.Unless otherwise instructed, the personal data collected in "Event Registration" may be used and retained by the Company and co-organiser(s) for your enrolment into and/or subscription of the events.
f.The Company's server may also collect data relating to your online session, the use of which is to provide aggregated, anonymous, statistical information on the server's usage so that we may better meet the demands and expectations of visitors to our sites. This type of data may include :
- i.the browser type and version;
- ii.the operating system; and
- iii.the IP address and/or domain name.
Where possible, the Company will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines, including through the use of check sum verification on some numeric fields. In some instances, the Company is able to validate the data provided against pre-existing data which it may hold. In other instances, in accordance with the requirements of the Ordinance, the Company may be required to see original documentation before using certain personal data such as personal identifiers and/or proof of address.
We currently provide online access to and correction of personal data held by the Company. For online access and correction, you may login to our on-line platform, choose "My Profile", then amend the information at the "My Profile" page. Please refer to the section below captioned "Access and Correction of Personal Data" for details on how you can obtain and correct any personal data if you elect not to use our online access to and correction of personal data.5. Retention of Personal Data
In accordance with the Company's internal retention policy, your personal data will only be retained for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected (unless such personal data must be retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations).6. Disclosure of Personal Data
a. All personal data held by the Company will be kept confidential and will not be sold or released to any other person. However, the Company may provide such information to :
- i.any member of the Group;
- ii.any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of the Company, or jointly with the Company;
- iii.any person that is under a duty of confidentiality to the Company and/or any member of the Group who has undertaken to keep such data confidential;
- iv.any financial institution, charge or credit card issuing company, credit information or reference bureau or collection agency necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested; and
- v.any assignee, successor, advertiser or business partner.
b.In addition, personal data may also be disclosed to any person who has a right under the Ordinance to gain access to such information provided he/she is able to prove his/her authority to access such information. For example, if the Company were served with a court order demanding certain customer information, then the Company would disclose the information to a duly appointed officer of the court or to such other person as the court orders.7. Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Hong Kong
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for the Company to transfer certain personal data to places outside of Hong Kong in order to carry out the purposes, or directly related purposes, for which the personal data was collected. Where such a transfer.8. Security of Personal Data
Once collected, your personal data is stored by the Company on computer systems and storage media to which access is controlled or restricted.
The Company has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under its control.
Although the Company takes reasonable technological precautions, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and the Company cannot warrant that your information will be completely secure. Any transmission of your personal data on or through the use of its Internet site, http://www.helix.com.hk, is at your own risk.9. Access and Correction of Personal Data
a. Under the terms of the Ordinance, individuals have the right to:
- i. check whether the Company holds any personal data relating to them and, if so, obtain copies of such data;
- ii. require the Company to correct any personal data relating to them which is inaccurate for the purpose for which it is being used; and
- iii.ascertain the Company's policies and practices in relation to personal data.
b.An individual may exercise his or her right of access to personal data by:
- i.completing the form prescribed by the Hong Kong SAR Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, which is available from the Privacy Commissioner's office, provided all mandatory data as specified by the Company has been supplied; and
- ii. sending the completed form, along with appropriate proof of identity (a copy of the applicant's Hong Kong Identity Card or passport) and the prescribed fee to the Company at the address listed below.
c.An individual may exercise his/her right of correction by:
- i.writing to the Company at the address listed below, specifying the personal data which he/she believes to be incorrect, the reason he/she believes it is incorrect, and the applicable corrections; and
- ii. providing "proof of identity" verifying that he/she is authorised to request such corrections.
The Company will, upon satisfying itself of the authenticity and validity of the correction request, use reasonable endeavours to comply with and respond to the request within the period specified in the Ordinance.10. Changes to this Statement
The Company may revise this statement at any time by updating this posting. Please check this page from time to time to review the current terms.11. The Company's Privacy Compliance Contact Details
All inquiries should be made in writing to:
Helix System (HK) Ltd Rm 2207-09 Tower 2 Lippo Centre Admiralty Hong Kong
Attn: Marketing Department
Or by email to:email@example.com
The English version of this statement will prevail over any Chinese version (if any) which may be provided for information purposes.